QuickAdd / Management Account at Casper Imaging

johnklimeck
Contributor II

How does the Management Account get created and applied during Casper Imaging, there must be a QuickAdd.pkg that gets created and is possibly hidden somewhere, because I am not adding it in the Casper Imaging Config.

Every Mac I am imaging with Casper Imaging, has our Management Account created, but with an old password.

Thx,

John

3 REPLIES 3

ernstcs
Contributor III

Have you updated the information in the configuration you're using to image? Management information during imaging is typically specified there. On the imaged mac, at least in the past, if you went to it BEFORE it reboots to finish imaging you can see what JAMF creates on the Macintosh HD under Application Support. A launchdaemon is created that calls the particular scripts that are run. Again this is going by memory since I don't have something I can image in front of me.

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Doh!,

I think I was cloning the Configs, and thusly cloning the old password. Explains it all. Much Thx, ernstcs

ernstcs
Contributor III

Anytime @johnklimeck ! That's what we are here for.

But, if you have time, it's pretty fun to poke around in the startup process to see what is done. Just need to make sure to uncheck the box for reboot after imaging some time.

Cheers!