"Cisco WebEx Meeing Center" would like to receive keystrokes from any application

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

"Cisco WebEx Meeting Center" would like to receive keystrokes from any application.

Grant access to this application in Security & Privacy preferences, located in System Preferences.
<Open System Preferences> <Deny>

What exactly does this mean? I need the app to function.

1f51ec5194ec4f069e2208227fecfdd9

7 REPLIES 7

Jmazzuca182
New Contributor III

Bump.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Wow, yeah no kidding. What does this mean?

RJH
Contributor

Anyone come up with a solution to this for Catalina ? Presumably it will require a PPPC profile created and deployed, but which option in the PPPC utility applies to input monitoring - as it doesnt appear obvious ? Is this perhaps only an option a user can enable and if thats the case, this is a bit of a "gotcha" - enabling it seems to require admin access, which majority of our users do not have. Anyone been able to implement a profile to cover this ? thanks

RJH
Contributor

ok - looks like this is a duplicate of another post in JAMFNation here - which answers my question - no way to push it via a profile, as its a user setting only, and theres also no way to set it as a non-admin - have to be admin. Great thanks again Apple.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

@RJH : considering updating your webex instance. Newer versions don't ask for this entitlement.

RJH
Contributor

thanks @bradtchapman - I'm actually seeing the issue with Cisco Jabber, rather than web-ex, exhibiting the same behaviour as per the other JAMF article. Seems there is no way around it, other than users CAN select DENY. Really not sure about the impact to the functionality of the app - why it needs to monitor keyboard input from other apps at all is unclear, and not much on CISCO's support sites explaining this.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

@RJH are you seeing this with Jabber 12.8.x ?

The request is for global hotkeys - to be able to invoke Jabber shortcuts from any app.