"myDocuments" showing up in Finder Favorites

le_jawa
New Contributor

Hello all!

I'm running into an unusual problem, and thought that the expertise to solve it would be here, if anywhere.

When I use Finder sidebar Favorites to connect to more than one Windows share, Finder locks up. I kill it, and restart, only to find that my SharedList file for Favorites has been damaged; the icons are all replaced with generic document icons, and a new favorite is present named "myDocuments". Favorites no longer work at this point, so I presume this is because the SharedList file (~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.FavoriteItems.sfl2) is corrupt.

I delete the file, log out and back in, and I have the default favorites again, and they all work again.

So, I've got three main questions at this point:
1. Is there a template file of some sort that contains "3rd party" additions to Favorites that might be damaged? This is really what I'm here to find out.

If happen to know anything about these, that would be icing on the cake for me:
2. Where does this "myDocuments" come from. I recently installed Parallels, so I suspect it is part of their Windows integration, but I'm not certain. (I've got a ticket in to their support group, but we're having a tough time connecting.)
3. Has anyone seen a case where using Favorites to connect to multiple shares has caused Finder to lock up like that?

I know, the whole thing is pretty off-the-wall, but if someone could shed some light on it, I would appreciate the assistance.96e0369ea664416b9d1272921bc864a8

0 REPLIES 0