"No policies were found for the "login" trigger

CapU
Contributor III

I am trying to get paper cut to run when the user logs in to the machine. I have login hooks enabled to run the policy. Ran the following command then discovered that my login trigger was not running? Why?
sudo jamf policy -trigger login
Checking for policies triggered by "login"...
No policies were found for the "login" trigger

Does anyone know why the policy appears to run only once per user even though I have it set to ongoing. Also if I remerge the machine the policy will run...once per user.

6 REPLIES 6

pblake
Contributor III

Is the policy set to be ongoing?

CapU
Contributor III

Yes the policy is set for ongoingddf4e8031fef47039f98a4383be47826

gskibum
Contributor III

What's your scope? Are you using a smart group that's causing devices to fall out of scope?

CapU
Contributor III

All computers. funny enough I have one computer that appears to be running the policy when I run the command from above and paper cut runs on login. Under options for the policy I changed the site from None to a specific site and the policy failed on the one machine it is working on.86dc9254724c44148c1bb626c7414664

CapU
Contributor III

The trick was to add the script that was supposed to run under the Script option in the policy.

jamfnc
New Contributor III

Found that "Login" trigger is not reliable. It is very intermittent particularly setting it to "On going", it suppose to trigger every time a user login but it does not. Wish this function works?