"Restart Options" Policy Payload

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

All

Is there any reason the "Restart Options" payload is always automatically configured and added by default to newly-created JSS Policies? Is there any harm in removing it if it isnt required?

I'm OCD about this kind of stuff - Can I remove "Restart Options"?

22349db833e14cdea501c4f349c49b94

6 REPLIES 6

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

I think its there incase a program, update or something else requires a restart. That way you dont forget it.

Look
Valued Contributor III

It's a per bugbear of mine as well, I systematically remove it, I would rather have machines restart only when I think they should.

obing
New Contributor III

this is quite dangerous as adding a software update and not realizing this is automatically there by default would cause all scoped machines to have a forced restart aka - sad or worse upset users. JAMF - any thought put into defaulting this to "Do Not Restart"?

gjpalau
New Contributor II

This is one of those things that JAMF should remove on their next patch, but I bet you a barrel of beer, they wont because somehow they know better than we do.

Kwhitt1
New Contributor II

Seriously? @Jamf_admin -- fix this major malfunction. Your product is over 13 years old, well past the age of maturity.

Kwhitt1
New Contributor II

I'd like to know why they thought this was a good idea in the first place. @gjpalau @obing