"Shared" (not technically) iPads.... purge user content

fedagain
Contributor

Hey all, question regarding iPads in an environment where the iPads are loaned out to users and then when returned the staff are instructed to Reset All Settings, but this does NOT dump what the person did on the iPad (notes, browser history, etc etc..), and Erase All Content and Settings is TOO MUCH......

Any way to purge users data without having to go thru setting up the iPad again?

Thanks
DB

4 REPLIES 4

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Not exactly. JAMF released some tools a while back for resetting devices but thats about all you can do. See this link for more: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/559/configuring-and-deploying-the-jamf-reset-app

fedagain
Contributor

Yeah, I think the reset.app is really just a shortcut to the reset option in General settings.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

@fedagain i dont think so, you can have the device re-provision itself so it goes back to how it was before. That being said, i think it has to redownload all the apps so it could take a while.

Rattomlin
New Contributor III

We purged users in the Inventory Tab under Shared iPad Users and we delete those that are no longer using the iPad. It appears to take a while to purge everything but it does purge this information. We share many users to an iPad...sometimes 16 users.