Random machines not checking in

AlistairCarr
New Contributor II

We've got approx 50 machines which have stopped checking in (approximately 30 days ago) I've read other threads but none seem to match this issue.

running sudo jamf manage and sudo jamf policy on an affected machine gives the below results;

Checking for policies triggered by "recurring check-in"...
Upgrading jamf binary...
The management framework will be enforced as soon as all policies are done executing.
Upgrading jamf agent...
Upgrading jamfHelper.app...
Upgrading JAMF notification service...
Upgrading Self Service.app...
No policies were found for the "recurring check-in" trigger.

the machines then start checking in as normal, receiving policies etc.

We're on a hosted JSS

remote SSH isn't an option to machines in question due to security reasons, I dont really want to have to go to each machine....

I'm going to have to go to every machine arent I.....

Thank you all in advance (as always)

2 REPLIES 2

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

More than likely yes. If the machines open Self Service do they connect correctly and display expected results? If so, you could try and suggest they run a dummy policy from there to try and initiate connection again. I keep a user initiated Inventory Update for this sort of purpose.

Litchenberg
New Contributor

This happened to us as well. There was a problem with the Jamf 9.8 binary not completely copying to the new location. I used the same fix with sudo jamf manage and sudo jamf policy. I also ran recon on a few remotely. Both fix the issue and update to 9.81. Bit of a pain.