Reboot required after IOS App install from Self Service

geekyink
New Contributor II

I have a handful of Apps that do not show up after they download and install in IOS from Self Service. But, if you reboot the IOS device, they show up. I have seen this on iPad 2/3 and iPhone 4/4s running varying versions of IOS 5.x Anyone have any tips for this?

3 REPLIES 3

hjalbers
New Contributor

Any luck with this? I'm experiencing the same problem

dan_kubley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

This behavior is usually seen with in-house apps, and is related to a problem with the app Bundle ID not being correct. If this is not correct, the springboard which draws the icons does not refresh itself, and then will only refresh after a reboot. The best way to find the bundle ID is to drag the app's ipa file into the iPhone Configuration Utility. Please ensure the ID is then typed exactly in the JSS, paying attention to case and ensuring there are no extra spaces.

hjalbers
New Contributor
This behavior is usually seen with in-house apps, and is related to a problem with the app Bundle ID not being correct. If this is not correct, the springboard which draws the icons does not refresh itself, and then will only refresh after a reboot. The best way to find the bundle ID is to drag the app's ipa file into the iPhone Configuration Utility. Please ensure the ID is then typed exactly in the JSS, paying attention to case and ensuring there are no extra spaces.

This information solved my problem