Registration with InTune fails on macOS Ventura Beta

lmathews
New Contributor III

I installed the beta of the new macOS Ventura to test things before Apple starts shipping laptops with it in the fall. I am running into errors when trying to register with InTune (surprise surprise). I get the initial Authentication for JamfAAD pop up with the instructions, that immediately disappears and I get the Registration with Intune failed error box.

Thoughts?

This disappears instantly..This disappears instantly..Then this pops upThen this pops up

12 REPLIES 12

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Can you manually enroll/register the macOS Ventura Beta into Intune?

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

lmathews
New Contributor III

No, when I open Company Portal, its just gives me 'this device is not managed'. Enroll is grayed out in there.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

I should've added further detail, if Jamf is not on the machine/not enrolled into jamf, can you enroll the device into Intune?

lmathews
New Contributor III

i have not tried that yet. 

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

If I were troubleshooting, I would try that to see if Intune recognizes the Ventura Beta - you never know, if that's not the case then I'd open a support ticket with Jamf Pro Support & see if they have any Product Issue info in the works, I have not tested macOS Ventura Beta + Jamf AAD Intune Integration yet. When I do, I'll follow up. Hope this helps!

lmathews
New Contributor III

yeah ill give it a shot. that was my next thing was to open a ticket. thanks!

lmathews
New Contributor III

forgot, cant register intune without using Jamf Self Service...the way our Azure is setup. i'll have to open a ticket.

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

try running the command in terminal and see 

/Library/Application\ Support/JAMF/Jamf.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfAAD.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfAAD gatherAADInfo -disable-cache-read

same error, just in the terminal window

mojo21221
Contributor II

Are you using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/configuration/use-enterprise-sso-plug-in-ios-ipados-maco... ? and or Jamf AAD Webview for enrollment? We have had much better luck since we started using Webview. Push this config profile before enrolling into MS CA. (Not sure if it needs a restart as well) Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 12.04.23 PM.png

lmathews
New Contributor III

same error after doing the Jamf AAD Webview for enrollment, even after a restart.

TobiasO
New Contributor III

For me adding the WebView  CP worked.