Releasing devices through Jamf instead of Apple School Manager?

whiteb
New Contributor III

I was just wondering if it was possible to release devices in Jamf Pro instead of doing it through Apple School Manager?

I don't see a way to do bulk releases in Apple School Manager.

I noticed under the connection to Jamf in ASM (Settings > MDM Server Info) - we have 'Allow this MDM Server to release devices.' checked.

Just wanted to see if there was a way of bulk-releasing devices in Jamf. Otherwise I will do them one-by-one in Apple School Manager.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wkelly1
New Contributor III

Whenever I am trying to release devices in bulk, I have a spreadsheet of devices and just select all the serials, copy, and then paste into ASM. I don't believe I have ever run into an issue doing this and formatting doesn't seem to matter a whole lot.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wkelly1
New Contributor III

Whenever I am trying to release devices in bulk, I have a spreadsheet of devices and just select all the serials, copy, and then paste into ASM. I don't believe I have ever run into an issue doing this and formatting doesn't seem to matter a whole lot.

whiteb
New Contributor III

Yep, I ended up finding this to be the case. I got a little discouraged from seeing people say they removed the ability to upload by .csv, but the copy and pasting of serial numbers directly into the ASM search works great like you said, even adds the commas for you. Found you can do the same thing in Jamf, just doesn't work there without commas.