Remove Siri Prompt with AD Network Homes

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to suppress the Siri Setup Prompt with network homes on Active Directory Accounts?

With local homes, I can suppress it every time, as these read the user templates folder, but the network homes do not.

I've tried using mcxtoProfile for the settings, and the scripts that work happily for the local homes.

2 years ago, I had similar issues with the AppleID prompts and Yosemite, and the only way around it was to make a minimal booted image... this wasn't necessary with El Cap, and it works fine with the nonbooted AutoDMG image, but for some reason, I can suppress every other prompt BUT the siri one in Sierra... any ideas anyone?

4 REPLIES 4

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@tim.rees I used the defaults command from Rich's script here on 10.12-10.12.2 AD Accounts with success

L

tim_rees
Contributor

@LsinNY is that with local or network homes?

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

yes @tim.rees . It is part of a first-boot script. It covers local and network accounts. it was added to Rich's suppress script/config

tim_rees
Contributor

Sorry @LSinNY, I should clarify further, the difference isn't between local and network accounts, the difference is between machines with "Force local home directory on startup disk" turned on or off in the AD binding. Any machine where the home directories are on the network it does not work, but for any account where the home directories are on the local machine it does.