Removing all 10.4 to 10.8 updates on a NetSUS server (4.1.0)

Sylvain
New Contributor

Hello,

To free up disk space, I am looking for how to remove all the updates from OS X 10.4 to OS X 10.8 on my NetSUS server (4.1.0).

For my server only downloads the updates 10.9 to 10.11, I set the AppleCatalogURLs key in preferences.plist like this:

<Key> AppleCatalogURLs </ key>         <Array>                <string>http://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string> <string>http://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string> <string>http://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string>         </ Array>

After that, I launched the following command on my server:

repo_sync

because I thought the updates that do not appear in the catalogs of the AppleCatalogURLs key become deprecated, once the sync was finished I launched this command :

repoutil -purge-product all-deprecated

Nevertheless, I am not sure that this manipulation is sufficient because the index 10.4 to 10.8 still appear in the folder /srv/SUS/html/content/catalogs and /srv/SUS/html/content/catalogs/others.

index-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog index-leopard-snowleopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-leopard-snowleopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-leopard-snowleopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog index-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-leopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog index-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog index-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog index-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.apple index-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_testing.sucatalog

Does anyone have any advice for this ?

1 REPLY 1

Chris
Valued Contributor

I don't think the catalogs are removed automatically when you stop replicating them.

repoutil --updates

should show you which deprecated updates are still stored on your server, and if they are still assigned to a branch.
If they are still in a branch,

repoutil --purge-product all-deprecated

will not delete them, you'd have to use

repoutil --purge-product all-deprecated --force