Removing wifi from an iPad

mpittcasd
Contributor

Is there a way to remove or trigger the 'forget this network' command on a certain SSID with a policy? I deleted and recreated one of my configuration profiles for a wireless network thinking it wouldn't be removed from the current devices, but it was. Until the profile is installed again on the iPads I have been connecting them to a different SSID so I am hoping to be able to remove this via JSS after the profile is installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi Adam,
Create a profile for your temp wifi and put it out there, and then remove it.
Even if the wifi was put on manually, removing a profile with that SSID will pull it out.
Sandy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi Adam,
Create a profile for your temp wifi and put it out there, and then remove it.
Even if the wifi was put on manually, removing a profile with that SSID will pull it out.
Sandy

This solution worked well for me. Thanks!

mpittcasd
Contributor

I'll give that a try, thanks Sandy.

mpittcasd
Contributor

I didn't want to make another post for a side effect of this same problem. The iPads that were disconnected when I made the profile changes seem to be getting the new profile, but because it's a duplicate profile whenever they try to connect to the wifi it is asking for a password. Is there any way to remove the old profile from the deleted policy on the server without unenrolling the devices; or is there a way to get it to connect to the wifi from the same profile and same password?