Replace Config Profiles or Scripts (Login Trigger Policy) for mount volumes based on AD group ?

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hi everybody.

Please, I need some help choosing the good way for mount network shares on computers.

We have about 1100 Macs.
We must mount multiple volumes shared based to computer groups and AD groups when a user log in.

So, for the same computer, the mounted volumes will be different depending on the AD group of the login user who connects.

First, we have used Configuration Profiles.
But mounting shares from configuration profiles does not seem to be very reliable.
On the one hand, the mount of volumes is done randomly and most importantly, it generates "ghost" volumes.

Now, we start using scripts with Jamf Login Trigger, it seems to works but I learned that Login/Logout Hooks is deprecated.

I'm a little bit confused.

With LaunchDaemons and Launchagents, can I have same results, mount multiple volumes shared based to computer groups and AD group when a user log in ?

Can I have a simple view to know which computer uses which script ? (which is the case with Policies or Configuration profiles)

Is it possible to simply and quickly change a network shared ? (We make changes to the network volumes almost weekly and with Configuration Profiles or Policies we can do it quickly.)

Can we have logs like Configuration Profiles or Policies ?

Thanks for your help

0 REPLIES 0