Report to include eSIM Phone Number

Jonathan_G
New Contributor II

I'm attempting to create a report that lists our active phones, which is simple.  

In the report configuration, I can include the "Device Phone Number" from the Display-->Device section which is great when the cellular connection comes from a physical SIM.  If the phone is active with only an eSIM, then the "Device Phone Number" is blank.

I've looked to try and find an eSIM Phone Number, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Any suggestions on how to view the phone number of an iPhone with an eSIM number?

2 REPLIES 2

Muzaffer
New Contributor

I have also the same Problem, on all the our Devices there is no inventory Record of the esim Phone Number. Is this a bug and will there be a fix in the near future?

Jonathan_G
New Contributor II

The answer I got from Jamf Support was:

"

My name is Meganne and i'll be helping out on this case today. Unfortunately it looks like we are experiencing a product issue, known as PI-009538, that is preventing the eSIM numbers from displaying. I have attached it to the case here, and we can check the release notes in upcoming Jamf Pro versions for updates on PI-009538. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, we are working on a solution for this!"

A little disappointing since there is no expected resolution date for the bug.  More disappointing was the suggestion that I monitor the update notes for future releases to identify if the one in question was resolved.  I suppose it would be too difficult to add a list of names / emails to the work order and notify those people who expressed concerns about it when resolved.  Ah well.  Jamf solves so many other issues that I'm willing to be a little flexible on this.

At least you now know that you aren't going crazy, there is a bug and Jamf know about it; they just don't have a good idea of when they will fix it yet.