Reposado/Margarita not providing updates to Catalina

vdhanji
New Contributor II

Hi

Is anyone else having trouble with getting reposado/margarita to service macOS Catalina? As far as I can see it still servicing Mojave and earlier fine but all Catalinas at present get a message "Can't load data from the Software Update Server".

We are using the apache2 method from https://github.com/wdas/reposado/blob/master/docs/URL_rewrites.md

I have cleared the contents of the .htaccess file and re-pasted the entirity of the example to ensure there aren't any typo's etc. Both reposado and margarita have been updated and apache (and the server) restarted.

But still the same message.

If I browse to the catalog url it opens in the browser and if i run the curl command it gives me what looks like the correct catalog.

There are updates approved in Margarita which are not installed on the mac.

Is there a simple trick that i am missing?

Thanks

Vinod
35c690871e4f44ca91930aceb8fd8d0b

487cb7b800234c7488ff90509ee0cfe2

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

lawinski
New Contributor III

When I worked at my old employer a few months ago the setup did work for me.

In your curl test your are using the wrong user agent though. I don't know if that is the problem here

View solution in original post

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

^^ this and it is working I just updated

vdhanji
New Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation, after creating a new branch and running the repo_sync things seem to have resolved themselves and the updates are being served again, not sure what had gone wrong.

3 REPLIES 3

lawinski
New Contributor III

When I worked at my old employer a few months ago the setup did work for me.

In your curl test your are using the wrong user agent though. I don't know if that is the problem here

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

^^ this and it is working I just updated

vdhanji
New Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation, after creating a new branch and running the repo_sync things seem to have resolved themselves and the updates are being served again, not sure what had gone wrong.