Reset PPPC in Catalina - to test if config profile is working

jameson
Contributor II

In Catalina I try to use config profile to minimize the PPPC popup
But I am simply unable to get them showing again after first time, so I cannot test if my config is working (and not yet applied the config profiles of course)

I tried to run like sudo tccutil reset All - and also specific bundle Id´s. But they does not show again after a restart
I also tried to remove the com.apple.ncprefs.plist and to restart - but still does not work?

What must be done to reset it ?

8 REPLIES 8

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Configuration profiles are applied immediately. Taking it out of scope should remove it within seconds. When testing I'll run sudo jamf recon and verify its no longer listed in JAMF.

jameson
Contributor II

Hmm- think you misunderstand or I am not clear.
I have not yet applied any config profiles. I first need the "allow" boxes to appear again, as I cannot get them showing up again

tjhall
Contributor III

https://www.macblog.org/post/reset-tcc-privacy/

jameson
Contributor II

Thanks - but will this also reset the popups for Nomad, skype for business, Onedrive that appear first time ? - As far I can see it only looks like the default apple software in the script

tjhall
Contributor III

Have you tried adding the services that you want to clear to the script?

garybidwell
Contributor III

Ive seen this too, when using the "tccutil reset All" command - it only resets the known named services for Mojave

I had accidentally denied a Screen Recording request from VMware Fusion 11.0.3 when testing with 10.15 beta which resulted in known issue where the VM screen was always black.
I found that tccutil did not reset the new services introduced with Catalina even when using the "All" flag

Ultimately updating to Fusion 11.5 solved my black screen issue as it was a new app so prompted again on install, so I didn't get around to raising this with Apple, but I assume tccutil will be updated in a future update to fix this

tjhall
Contributor III

Have you tried deleting the plist in the ~/Library/Preferences folder.com.apple.ncprefs.plist?
Otherwise, is it down to finding the bundle ID first and then run it? (mdls -name kMDItemCFBundleIdentifier -r (Drag app) and then sudo tccutil reset ALL (bundle ID)

I haven't tried to dump the tcc.db in ~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db but might be worth a shot.

tdclark
Contributor

This was shared with me, and I am sharing it with you!

How to Manage Catalina's Notifications with a Profile