Reset Screen Sharing Settings

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We are rolling our Jamf Remote Assist and trying to wipe out some legacy Screen Sharing settings we set a while back. I want to disable the ability for our team to use the built in Screen Sharing app to remote into user's computers for support. Looking for a way to script the changes necessary or maybe delete a plist etc? My original code I found on jamfnation years ago to set this up is below:

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -targetdisk / -activate -configure -clientopts -setmenuextra -menuextra no
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -targetdisk / -configure -users otheruser,Administrator -access -on -privs -all
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -targetdisk / -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers -privs -all

3 REPLIES 3

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

been a while, but you have these switches for the kickstart command (which is a script.. you can open in text editor) 

-uninstall

-install

-deactivate

-activate

-configure

-stop

-restart

https://ss64.com/mac/kickstart.html

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@jamf-42 good idea, I'll try the -deactivate switch with kickstart

Bol
Valued Contributor

You could try;

kickstart="/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart"
$kickstart -targetdisk / -verbose -uninstall -settings -prefs