Resources for learning to use the API

Caleb_Anderson
New Contributor III

I am wanting to start using the API to run commands with parameters that aren't fully automated yet in the JSS itself, but when I look at the API information at https://my.jss:8443/api I have no idea where to start.

I can somewhat understand each part of the code and what it does, but where do I even begin learning things like where to actually USE the code? Like, is there a "beginner's guide" for learning how to create and run an API command if you've never touched the backend before?

I'm not a complete idiot, so I'm confident with my ability to learn and not break anything, but it would be really helpful if someone can direct me to a good place to start learning.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

I and a co-worker presented a two-part session on the Jamf Pro Classic API at the MacAdmins Conference at Penn State this year. You can find the slides, vides and resource files here:

Posting my PSU 2017 MacAdmins Conference presentations

The sessions were titled "Hands On with the Jamf Pro API" and were put together with your type of request in mind.

Hope you find them useful!

rickgmac
Contributor

Check out the JNUC videos.

Or having just re-done my JAMF 300 (CCA) training course. We covered it for almost a whole day. I would recommend the training course if it’s an option