Restrictions Configuration Profile

boberito
Valued Contributor

We have a profile with the Restrictions payload set to ONLY allow TextEdit, Preview, and Printer Setup Utility. When I push that configuration profile it still allows every application like Safari and whatever else to launch. This used to work. It seems every other setting pushed with that payload works like blocking widgets and locking down System Preferences, etc.

Anyone else see this behavior before? Or have a solution.

I'm not sure if it's a Jamf bug or an Apple bug. I don't know the exact versions of the macOS it used to work on or the JSS version the profile was originally created on. But the current is 10.12.6 and JSS 9.101.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

boberito
Valued Contributor

Solved it!

Turns out I had a 2nd configuration profile deployed to disable iCloud Drive. That setting is in the Restrictions payload. So the machine had 2 profiles with different settings from the restrictions payload. Removing the iCloud Drive one made this one work immediately!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

boberito
Valued Contributor

Solved it!

Turns out I had a 2nd configuration profile deployed to disable iCloud Drive. That setting is in the Restrictions payload. So the machine had 2 profiles with different settings from the restrictions payload. Removing the iCloud Drive one made this one work immediately!