Rogue policy keeps applying even after deletion

JAMFNoob
New Contributor III

I was cleaning out old policies in our environment and found an old dock policy - I tried applying it to my test machine but after awhile it was still stuck on "pending". I didn't think too much of it and just deleted it, however after a few hours I see this policy is now being applied (despite no logs being found of it in JAMF) and whenever I try customising my dock and restarting my test machine the dock gets rearranged according to how that policy was scripted. I even tried deleting and re-enrolling this mac but upon restart it still gets applied...does anyone know what could be causing this (was definitely a policy with a script and not a configuration profile...could it be cached somewhere?)

4 REPLIES 4

awoodbury
Contributor
Contributor

Could you post screen shots of the Policy and script? It is difficult to trouble shoot without seeing what the Policy and script are doing.

Also, to disable a Policy, uncheck "Enabled" under General.

JAMFNoob
New Contributor III

This is the problem - I deleted the policy and it is completely gone from JAMF Pro, but it seems like it is still being applied.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Was the policy originally set to be cached to run offline? What was the policy's payload and trigger? If it left behind a script and launchdaemon that could run independently of the Jamf binary that could explain the behavior you're seeing. But we can't be quite sure what to recommend for troubleshooting without some more information.

JAMFNoob
New Contributor III

Unfortunately I deleted the policy so was not able to see much details of it...I do recall it was set to launch execute on network state change and recurring check in. It did have a script to execute but I didn't open it up to see the details...I'm guessing it has cached something somewhere?