Scoping a Self Service policy to Specific Computers ∩ LDAP users...?

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

Is it possible to scope a Self Service policy to some computers AND limit it to certain LDAP users? Or does it have to be All Computers, limited to LDAP users?

I had built a Self Service policy with a software package that would say "Gathering Information..." and then the progress bar would run to the end after just a few seconds. The scope was a lab of computers, but limited to a group of users.

When I changed the scope back to All Computers and kept the user limitation, the policy worked and the software was installed.

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmm. That sounds like a bug to me, because I don't see a reason why the initial setup wouldn't have worked. My understanding of Scope + Limitations was that Scope could be any group of managed systems, all of them or a subset, and the Limitations would simply "limit" the devices it would run on by the LDAP users or whatever limiting factors were selected. I can't see why it would need to be scoped to All Computers for that to work.

I may give this a try at some point to see if I can reproduce what you saw. I'll post back with results once I do.