Script Testing Causing Issues With Mac

kadams
Contributor

Hello everyone, I did some testing with a few scripts the other week. I have a couple post here explaining what I needed. I noticed that my computer is now restarting every day at the same time. I have deleted several scripts that I tested. I have no idea whats causing this. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this?. Also, my previous post are still open for input.

12 REPLIES 12

Josh_BTM
New Contributor

I'm not sure exactly what you have done but one of the scripts had a reboot plist in it, do you have anything like that under /Library/LaunchDaemons/ ?

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Also if you did any tests in your script using the 'pmset' command or 'systemsetup' command, pay close attention to your energy saver settings. You can set a shutdown/reboot schedule with those commands. Look specifically at the Schedule... button in the GUI on your energy saver settings.

kadams
Contributor

Would this be it?62d3740533b74af7bd2409b06a368ef2

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Yup... you are issuing a reboot command with that launchd job

kadams
Contributor

how do I stop this?

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I would need the exact path and name of the file you found but it should go something like this

“launchctl unload /<your file location>/org.your.rebootdelay.plist”

The file name was taken from the plist file you attached. If it is in LaunchDaemons you may need to run with sudo

kadams
Contributor

Is it also suitable to delete the file?

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Once you’ve unloaded, yes

kadams
Contributor

cf67c25373a44415b54ae7d1845fa9ed

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Try without .plist

kadams
Contributor

0a7d3cebe7304cdc831f9fdada7111aa

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

You can delete the file and reboot, but shouldn't be necessary...I saw the label in your plist above but could I see the actual file in a Finder window...maybe it's named something differently than org.your.rebootdelay.plist