Search for the New Managed Self Service App

jgwatson
Contributor

A number of my students have downloaded the Self Service App directly from the App Store which means that it is not configured correctly. Is there anyway to do a search for this, so I can tell those students to delete said app?

Is there any reason why anyone would download the app directly from the app store? If not, then JAMF should call it something different. (Just my two pennies worth.)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

My guess is its up there because of the new BYO management model. I.e, a BYO user goes to the App Store and downloads the app to self enroll their device for "light" management/access to resources, etc. But not having even used the new feature or seen it, I'm only guessing there.
I don't have an answer for you on how to do a search and destroy on the app though.

jgwatson
Contributor

I just need the search for now, and by that I mean just search for those who have the app and tell me if it's managed by my JSS or directly downloaded from the store. I wonder if when an update rolls out the jss will push the update out, and will make all of the Apps managed?

lwomack
New Contributor

I would love to be able to create this search as well. There does not seem to be a criteria for "managed" apps at all.

jgwatson
Contributor

I had this issue, I told student's to open the app, and if they got the error message they needed to delete it and wait for the JSS to install it.