Searching for blank warranty expiration date!

JHerrin
New Contributor II

Hey y'all lovely people!

I am looking for an easy way to get my GSX information up to date after our connection went down for a month or two. 

It seems that the only filters for PO date and warranty expiration date are (past or before certain date) and (x number of days before or after now) I don't have a way to search for all computers that have PO Date or Warranty expiration date missing. 

I had thought about creating a search that grabs all computers and run a GSX update on that, but some computers have that info manually entered in and if a GSX update is run that info gets erased.

Another option is to get all computers filter those who have this data missing and add them to a static group, but then I have to erase that static group possibly at the start (not sure if I can) then also manually run GSX update after the script runs, not ideal, but possible.

With that I would like to have a smart group of all devices that have GSX info missing and then run a mass action on that to update them. Even better though would be an API call, Im already searching for this info and updating another service, if I could run a GSX update every time I find a null value that would be great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jtrant
Valued Contributor

@JHerrincreate a smart group called "Has GSX Warranty Data" with the criteria "Warranty expiration before 2049-12-12". Create a second smart group called "Needs GSX Warranty Data" with the criteria of "Not a member of computer group Has GSX Warranty Data".

The first group is probably redundant for your needs but the second will only show computers without a warranty end date.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Loh25
New Contributor

Dear Guru, I have a problem about finding customer warranty start date and end date. I don't know the table which is contains these data.

greatpeople

jtrant
Valued Contributor

@JHerrincreate a smart group called "Has GSX Warranty Data" with the criteria "Warranty expiration before 2049-12-12". Create a second smart group called "Needs GSX Warranty Data" with the criteria of "Not a member of computer group Has GSX Warranty Data".

The first group is probably redundant for your needs but the second will only show computers without a warranty end date.

JHerrin
New Contributor II

Hahahaha so simple yet so genius. This should work great, I'm testing it out now.