Seattle Apple Admins Meetup: January 29, 2015

jodyrodgers
New Contributor

Seattle area peeps, there is an Apple admin meetup on Thursday evening 6-8pm, Jan 29. It's not JAMF-specific, but rather all thing associated with being an Apple admin.

I'm hoping to be there and we can chat about JAMF related things if you'd like! I missed the 74bit event earlier this month so I'm grateful to get to hang out with some of the local admins.

Details:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/macenterprise/2fihZZJIA34/k5uKjLKtwqQJ

Hope to see you there!

1 REPLY 1

Dawe
New Contributor

Howdy, I was the original poster of this over on MacE and was having trouble creating a JAMFNation account, so Jody kindly posted on my behalf. I wanted to add a couple of notes on our meetup this evening. We are still meeting at Synapse at 6 PM this evening. A couple of pieces of information over and above what I originally posted to MacE.

---

Location Note
The Synapse office is basically unmarked on the street, but is in a building whose entrance is just next door to Morton's Steakhouse. There's a glass door, and we'll have some improvised signage and someone there to make sure you can get into the building.

Parking
Please note that this is in downtown Seattle, so parking may be an issue. There are lots nearby, and street spaces are metered. This link to the Synapse HQ includes some additional detail http://www.synapse.com/contact/directions#sea

No other information has changed. the original announcement is below, in case you missed the first one. We hope to see you this evening.

-----

A few of your fellow admins in Seattle have been meeting for beverages and talk, and we think it's time to try to get a regular meetup started in Seattle. For our part, we think it would be a great thing to get together on a regular basis to exchange ideas and experiences, commiserate, and provide a resource to collaborate on our projects.

To that end, we are announcing a new Seattle meetup for Apple technology admins. Our first meetup will be at the offices of Synapse in the Belltown neighborhood near downtown Seattle (address below), 6:00 PM-8:00 PM, Thursday, January 29. Apple admins, technicians, developers, and consultants at all levels of experience are welcome.

Light snacks and tasty beverages will be available. We'll spend most of our time meeting new people, talking about what y'all would like to see in a regular meetup, and we'll hear a bit from Synapse about what they do and how they use Apple technology in their work. Afterward, we'll adjourn to one of Belltown's fine establishments to continue our conversation and perhaps have a late dinner.

Questions and Answers:

1. Who Are We?

This meetup is brought to you by a few members of the Apple and Mac Admin community based in Seattle. They are:

Joe Chilcote (@chilcote)
Chris Dawe (@ctdawe)
Mac Justice (@macjustice) of Synapse
Gil Wilson (@boyonwheels) of Omni Group

1. When is this Happening?

Thursday, January 29, 2015
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

1. Where is this Happening?

Synapse Seattle Headquarters
The Decatur Building
1511 6th Ave. Ste 400
Seattle, WA 98101
http://www.synapse.com/contact/directions#sea

1. Do I need to RSVP?

RSVP is not required, but it would be nice to have some idea how many people might be there. If you have a moment, shoot me a note, or mention it to me on Twitter.

We hope to see you there.