Self service and Smart Notebook installations

anickless
Contributor II

Hi everyone I am wondering if anyone has been successful in installing either the smart notebook software or the notebook driver via self-service. I have tried with composer and with the packages.app and neither seem to work so I am just curious if anyone has been successful themselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ttyler1999
Contributor

https://education.smarttech.com/en/products/notebook/download#admin

Enter your key and then scroll to the bottom and there is a link that says SMART Install Manager.

I missed that link myself when I went looking the first time!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

We deploy the trial version and then use a policy to activate.

They do have a deployment toolkit, I wish they allowed for a better way to include the gallery.

See these previous threads
activation

deployment

ttyler1999
Contributor

I use Smart Install Manager and it works great. This will allow you to create your own custom package that you can then drop into Self Service. You can download it form the same place as the installer.

JKingsnorth
Contributor

I've had tons of success with SMART Install Manager as well.

Basically it walks you through an Install (without installing) and then creates it's own PKG file that you can import into Casper Admin.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@anickless you really should use the SMART Install Manager. I'm not sure if i'm in the thread that @CasperSally mentioned, but i didn't have nice things to say about SMART , but it seems they got their act together now that Benq is on the scene, and the SMART Install Manager works rather well. Why use composer and repackage a .pkg

L

anickless
Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion of SMART install Manager, I cannot seem to find it however! Does anyone have the link?

@JKingsnorth @LSinNY

ttyler1999
Contributor

https://education.smarttech.com/en/products/notebook/download#admin

Enter your key and then scroll to the bottom and there is a link that says SMART Install Manager.

I missed that link myself when I went looking the first time!

anickless
Contributor II

Thank you everyone... It is in small writing compared to everything else.