Self Service app branding

Username
New Contributor II

Hi, communnity!

I have a problem regarding app branding. I have set an icon for testing in my DEV instance to check that both app icon and self service banner were working fine. The issue has arrived after having implemented in PROD when we've noticed that Self Service app is not retrieving nor app icon or banner from Jamf Pro/ Settings/ Branding/ MacOS. 

After that we've been testing in DEV to change to a different icon to check if changes will applied but it's applying the old icon image who's been removed from settings. It's like the old image remain cached.

Any clue on that?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Username
New Contributor II

Hi again!

After monitoring incoming and outgoing connections we were able to determine that the Branding problems were being caused by Nginx blocking some URLs which prevented the icons and banners from downloading and therefore displaying correctly.

Thanks for the help and quick responses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Try running sudo jamf manage on the device. Close and reopen Self Service. Does this update the branding?

Username
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response.Unfortunately after running "sudo jamf manage" still having the same issue.
Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 08.52.36.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 08.52.45.png

As you can see in the second screenshot after running the command, is still retrieving the old image uploaded for testing both as banner and app icon.
This is the branding settings with no configuration set so it should be back to default icon but no luck...

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 09.03.06.png

Thanks again.

Username
New Contributor II

Hi again!

After monitoring incoming and outgoing connections we were able to determine that the Branding problems were being caused by Nginx blocking some URLs which prevented the icons and banners from downloading and therefore displaying correctly.

Thanks for the help and quick responses.