Self Service App Crashes or Packages Fail to Install

zacksjoden
New Contributor

We just had our deployment of our ConnectEd grant devices yesterday. Halfway through the event Apple's network seemed to have blocked our IP for iCloud and Apple ID sign in and password reset. Has anyone else experienced this? We confirmed by changing our outgoing connections to a different internet provider. The only issue was access to iCloud and Apple ID services so this was not an ISP service issue. This morning that is resolved and working on our original circuit.

About the same time the Apple ID/iCloud issue started the Self Service app should have been being pushed to our 31 MacBook Airs during the DEP enrollment. When it came time to test the Self Service app it either crashed immediately and failed to launch or failed to finish installing packages. This effected ~ 90-95% of our devices yesterday. Attempted packages were TeamViewer, Flash Player, various printers. All things we've tested and confirmed were working. Most failures do not result in an email to myself despite having the notification set for policy failures, although a few are getting to me. Running 'sudo jamf removeframework' and re enrolling through our jamfcloud.com/enroll URL did not solve the packages failing but did solve the crashing Self Service issue on the devices I was able to test it on. Running 'sudo jamf manage' did run successfully but did not resolve anything. During the deployment we had the mount point on a Windows Server 2012 Datacenter box located at our IT location. At the end of business I moved the primary mount point to the provided Mac Mini located at the school itself. Both mount points have been synchronized with no errors. Locations have two 10gbps private fiber links between them so bandwidth and availability was not an issue.

Here is a policy error log from this morning that I received via email from one of our tests on a machine that can launch self service but not install anything. The mount point is on the Mac Mini.

An error occurred while running the policy "TeamViewer" on the computer "Erin’s MacBook Air". Actions from policy log: Executing Policy TeamViewer Downloading http://10.150.15.9/Packages/TeamViewerQS.dmg... Error: Could not connect to the HTTP server to download TeamViewerQS.dmg. Running Recon... Retrieving inventory preferences from https://fpschools.jamfcloud.com/... Locating accounts... Locating package receipts... Searching path: /Applications Locating software updates... Locating printers... Gathering application usage information... The complete policy log is available in the JSS at: https://fpschools.jamfcloud.com/policies.html?id=36&o=l Computer Info: ID: 27 IP Address: 10.30.32.213 Serial Number: Removed

Here is a log from JSS from yesterday using the Windows share:

Kayla’s MacBook Air kmeyers Yesterday at 10:52 PM Failed [STEP 1 of 5] Executing Policy Adobe Flash [STEP 2 of 5] Mounting JSSCache to /Volumes/JSSCache 1... Could not mount distribution point "JSSCache" [STEP 3 of 5] [STEP 4 of 5] Inventory will be updated when all queued actions in Self Service are complete. [STEP 5 of 5]

Those times aren't correct for our time zone (PST) so I'm not sure exactly when these occurred. I've also noticed some delay in reporting the failures and I didn't receive policy failure emails for these. I'm really not sure what's going on. We tested every policy both at our IT data center and at the schools location, on multiple MacBooks. Everything was working up until yesterday afternoon. Now we are receiving failures testing in both locations. Some machines like the one provisioned to myself are working just fine. I've been using it since our JumpStart two weeks ago.

I am new to this software so if there is anything I've missed or more I can provide please let me know.

//edit - updated first log

0 REPLIES 0