Self Service Branding Header image tint (yuck)

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

The new Self Service Branding Header image seems to be delivered to the client GUI with a dark tint applied. (no bueno)

I'm pretty sure this was being discussed in the beta forum, and I thought the JAMF response was this would be reduced, lifted or made optional. Anyone recall that discussion? Why do we want our image tinted darker?

5 REPLIES 5

DrewManor
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your feedback. We are improving this in an upcoming release and allowing admins to decide if they want to use the overlay with their branding header image. Stay tuned!

grahamrpugh
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Specifically, why doesn't it match what you see in the Branding config page?

franton
Valued Contributor III

Agreed. I tried a plain sky blue as a test. It came out a muddy blue/grey colour.

DrewManor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the great feedback here. You can now choose to display a semi-transparent overlay over the branding header image in the Self Service in version 10.1.0 of Jamf Pro, and should be available to everyone running that version. You can learn more about it in the release notes, and we're excited to have this functionality for you. If there are ways we can continue improving it, let us know and we can take a look. Thanks again!

grahamrpugh
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Thanks, this is a great improvement!