Self Service plug in URL using Silverlight

mktacoma
New Contributor

We use a web app internally that uses Silverlight and I wanted to add this to the Self Service plug in menu. As the site loads in Self Service, the app (Self Service) crashes.

If I set it to "open in browser", the page loads fine, in a separate browser window. This works, but I like the cleaner look of it all contained within Self Service.

Any tips on how I can fix this? Is there a way to open a Silverlight app in Self Service? Or am I just doing something wrong in the setup here to cause the crash?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@mktacoma, Self Sevice isn't able to use plugins like Flash, Java & Silverlight etc.

I have struggled with this before & not found a workaround.

I thought I'd created an FR for this, but can't find it.

mktacoma
New Contributor

Dang. Thanks for the info!

I had hoped it was just a wrapper (like Fluid) and had a way of handling most web pages.

It's solvable, sure, by using the "open in browser" but that does mess with the cleanliness of the experience.

Leal
New Contributor III

Any luck on this?

mktacoma
New Contributor

Not on my end. We set that one site to open in a browser, but it feels tacky. It's only one site, for us, but an important one, which makes it something we can't easily just remove without also removing much of the value of the "plug in" list of sites. Sad.