Self Service Remove and Reinstall

balfano
New Contributor

I have an app that sometimes can be problematic and will require a removal of the app off the iPad and then reinstall. It seems that currently when using the Self Service App, and tapping on "Reinstall" it does simply that reinstall overtop of the app. 

I need to have Home Screen Layouts configured on these devices because I hide all apps minus a handful that I require and a few of the default apps. These iPads are quite locked down and I am hoping there is a good solid way to have this accomplished where Self Service will do a remove and reinstall. 

3 REPLIES 3

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

If you're not concerned with potential lost data, you could always exclude device(s) from the App's scope.  That would remove the app, then you just need to remove the exclusion to get the app to re-install.

balfano
New Contributor

I am currently targeting a group of 100 iPads with this app and wouldn't want to mass remove it from all and re-install. I would just like the ability to remove and reinstall on devices that encounter the problem.

jmorrill
New Contributor

@balfanoI am currently working through this with predefined groups of 100 per grade.  I allow SelfServ access/install to each grade level.  However, if I need it removed, I will then exclude the specific device (by serial# for me).  This means the other 99 devices are unaffected.

Re-written, I leave the whole grade scoped, but also include the one (or more) devices from the scoped group I don't want to have it anymore or at all in the exclusions.