set password complexity

mickl089
Contributor III

Hello,

Is it possible to set somewhere in the configuration profiles that a local user must have a certain password complexity? Unfortunately, I can't find anything about this.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jpuebs
New Contributor III

You should be able to add password complexity via Configuration Profiles: 63c71188bace44f19a8e4686ec54eea5

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

isThisThing0n
Contributor

Are you AD bound?

mickl089
Contributor III

Hi oliverr,

the users this concerns are not bound to the AD. So the question refers purely to the local user :-)

thanks in advance,
Michael

jpuebs
New Contributor III

You should be able to add password complexity via Configuration Profiles: 63c71188bace44f19a8e4686ec54eea5

mickl089
Contributor III

@jpuebs do you know what exactly happens if i set the following option:

Change at Next Authentication (macOS 10.13 or later) Force password reset on next user authentication.

sorry, here it is:

This setting forces a password reset the next time the user tries to authenticate. This applies to the Jamf Management Account and all local accounts including administrators. Authentications may fail until the user's password is reset.

does it mean, if my set this option, every user in scope has to change his password at the next login?

jpuebs
New Contributor III

@mickl089 yep, depending on how its scoped but that option should do exactly that.

j_allenbrand1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to skip the jamf management account password reset part?  So we don't break any connections? I would  like to only reset the end-users