Setting up Local User with different account and full names

ganidran
New Contributor III

When we enroll a device, there is a policy set to install our local admin user but both the account and full name follow what's inserted in the "Full Name" field of the policy payload window. Is there a way where we can have the account name be one word and the full name be different? Ie: Company Admin for full name and companyadmin for account name?

I was thinking of adding yet another policy to change the account name after the account is created but I want to make sure I'm not making it hard on myself.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

edit - probably should have asked if you're using DEP or old school enrollment? Old school enrollment should let you different long/short names.

ganidran
New Contributor III

@easyedc

DEP is in the works! This will be useful, thanks!

For now, we are using old school enrollment. In the payload fields, it does show fields for "short" and "long" names butp it doesn't reflect in the account when it's created.

I had in mind a script that would change the account name after user creation. Since the full name is correct, the account name also includes a "space" in it causing issues and the reason why I'd like them to differ. If all else fails, I'll make it so that they both are all one word.