Siri pop-ups on 10.12 with Temporary Adobe Install Account

jhuhmann
Contributor

Has anyone else found the Siri pop-ups interrupting the post imaging workflow that runs with the Temporary Adobe Install Account? I've never had a problem with it until Sierra, but after imaging during the post netboot installation the Siri prompt pops up, interrupts the workflow and causes headaches.

I don't seem to be able to script the prompt out of existence like I do for normal users because it is a temporary account. Also the script that would modify those template settings would run after the temp account is already booted.

Any suggestions? I can't be the only one this is happening to. I hope.

6 REPLIES 6

rquigley
Contributor

Hi,

I've never experienced this issue myself. The only suggestion I can bring is that you push a config profile to the machine during imaging that suppresses Siri so it doesn't interfere, then create a workflow to remove it when finished so if the user wishes to use it, they can do so.

Here is a link to Rich Trouton's post on how this config profile works.
https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/blocking-siri-on-macos-sierra/

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

Read this earlier today and decided to start imaging to see if there were any issues. I am thin imaging 13" Retina Macbook Pro 2015 w 10.12.1 pre installed. I have Adobe and Office 2016 installing a reboot, no problems with adobeinstall account or siri. I did however see an issue with a mid 2009 unibody 13" Macbook that i was testing. Could your problem be hardware related?

JSS 9.65 ( 9.9x/Jamf Pro 10 in the wings waiting for our infrastructure team to finish upgrades)

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

I haven't seen this either. Are you sure you don't have a config profile or policy that's running when the adobe account logs in that's causing this. I'd check policy logs after the computer is done imaging and see if anything is running on login when the adobe account logs in.

jhuhmann
Contributor

@LSinNY I hadn't considered that it could be hardware related. The systems I've tried it on are mid 2012 mbp and iMacs of the same age. I've had it happen on both of them. Almost all our hardware is about that age though. I'll look for a newer system to try it on and see if it could be hardware related.

@cbrewer Good idea on the policies / config profiles. I'm eliminating them as I can and seeing if I can narrow it down.

jhuhmann
Contributor

I think I figured it out. My NetBoot image contained a slightly out of date version of the casper imaging app. I made a new NetBoot image (10.11.something to 10.12.1) with the current version of the casper imaging app in it and the problem stopped happening. The Casper Imaging app must suppress the prompts, because after I updated it to 9.96 from 9.91 it started working.

angelofilho33
New Contributor II

I have this same problem only in High Sierra 10.13.5 I did a postlight scritp and it did not work, did anyone else have this problem after the Sierra update?