Smart Notebook Software Accessibility Mojave

estes
New Contributor III

Our latest Smart Notebook software on Mojave is requiring addition system preferences/privacy/accessibility to enable the Smart Board interaction.

From Smart website...
Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
Click the Privacy tab, and then click Accessibility in the panel on the left.
Click the lock icon and enter the administrator account user name and password if prompted. Click OK.
Check Smart Notebook and Smart settings to Enable.
Restart Mac

Can this be configured in a profile? Custom Settings? plist?

This is the first time we've ran into software having these requirements. Anyone else?

5 REPLIES 5

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

You will need to use the PPPC Utility to create a .mobileconfig that allows access and then deploy it via Configuration Profiles.

Here is a link to the PPPC Utility: https://github.com/jamf/PPPC-Utility

Smart Notebook does not have a .mobileconfig yet - some companies are starting to release them with the apps

We use Smart Notebook as well, I am currently configuring our Mojave Zero Touch Provisioning Process but haven't gotten to the Smart Notebook app yet as we have a lot of apps that are higher priority, but when I do, I will provide our solution here but it will be a while, would be great to see what others are doing

This is from JNUC 2018 - https://www.jamf.com/resources/videos/a-rose-by-any-other-name-pppc-tcc-user-data-protection-and-you...

Starting at 18 Minutes - gives you a good place to look

Starting at 22 Minutes - PPPC Utility Overview

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

estes
New Contributor III

Thanks @Hugonaut, I've been working with this. Strange when I install the profile on a target machine, I don't see any changes reflected in privacy/accessibility

We might need our users to manually make the necessary changes.

sshort
Valued Contributor

@estes If you push a profile to whitelist it's expected to not see anything in the Privacy section of System Preferences. You'll only see user-approved apps there (for now, Apple may change things later).

You'd have to visit the Profiles section in Sys Prefs to confirm that your PPPC settings were applied.

estes
New Contributor III

That's great news @sshort, thanks!

jeverhart
New Contributor

Does anyone have a config profile that is working for this on Mojave? We're currently using Smart Notebook 18 and seems to be having issues.
Thanks