Smarter Balanced Test + Calendar Error

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

We've been using Macs for the SBAC assessment and noticed a few Mac 10.11 clients receiving this error: "Another program has started, and you will be logged out. Ask your Test Administrator for Help. Calendar"

Upon receiving this error, the user is kicked out of the test and there seems to be no indication that the calendar app was launched.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

It was the two-finger swipe from the right side of the trackpad causing this. The Notification Center invokes the Calendar app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisTech
Contributor

Hey @dlee_pausd Yes. I made Calendar.app a restricted application for the testing smart group. I also restricted iTunes.app has worked great so far.

Chris

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

It was the two-finger swipe from the right side of the trackpad causing this. The Notification Center invokes the Calendar app.

ChrisTech
Contributor

@zinkotheclown How did you fix this? Just uncheck the box for two-finger swipe? I'm seeing this error again as well.

ChrisTech

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

@ChrisTech Just run or upload the modded plist as a configuration profile: defaults write com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad.plist TrackpadThreeFingerHorizSwipeGesture -int 0

You will need to reboot the Mac to have this take effect.