So we discovered vShare today...any advice?

cpdecker
Contributor III

Hello nation,

So we discovered vShare today. I am still a pretty new iOS/OS X admin so I wasn't aware that something like this existed. Apparently users can download an App via a website like vshare dot com and get access to an illegitimate App store which allows them to install even more Apps, even though we have the regular Apple App Store disabled.

We have reprimanded the offending users, blocked access to vshare dot com on and off site and I see how I can track users with vShare installed via our search features, but...

Is anyone aware of any other sites like this that we should block? Have any suggestions for our situation? Know of other Apps like this that I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

iOS 9 is supposed to include MDM ability to restrict 3rd party enterprise app provisioning profiles.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

iOS 9 is supposed to include MDM ability to restrict 3rd party enterprise app provisioning profiles.

cpdecker
Contributor III

Thank you--let's hope iOS9 will fold my laundry too, it already is supposed to do everything else--hope it happens!

plawrence
Contributor II

This is the Smart Group criteria we configured to search for things similar to vShare:

App name has 同步推正版HD
App name has 快用
App name has vShare
App name has XY苹果助手
Profile name has 苹果助手修复

Hope that helps!

beth_lindner
New Contributor
New Contributor

@cpdecker take a look at iOS 9 and JSS 9.8. There's a new restrictions payload in the JSS labeled "Allow trusting new enterprise app authors." With this setting we should see the untrusted apps install, but when the user attempts to trust the app developer there is no option for them to do so if they are managed by the JSS. It is pretty sweet. If this workflow isn't quite what we needed as a solution, let us know!

P.S. my laundry remains a mess...

jolinger
New Contributor

Zeusmos, itools, inocydia are some other apps to look for that do the same thing a vshare.