SOAP/REST/WSDL feed for a CMDB

dave
New Contributor II

Hi, we are bringing Cherwell in as our new ITSM system, and we'd like to populate the CMDB with information from Casper. (We're doing the same with SCCM on the Windows side)

There doesn't seem to be a built-in SOAP/REST/WSDL from casper that we can pick up, but I was curious if anyone else has been using the JAMF db to feed objects in a cmdb?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi. The Casper Suite does have a REST API already built in. Add /api at the end of your JSS URL, like: https://jss-company.com:8443/api to see examples of what's there and the resource URLs to access them.

I'm not familiar with Cherwell, so I have no idea if what's available will work for what you're trying to do, but since many other folks pull data from the API on their Casper Suite servers, I'm guessing you should be able to use it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi. The Casper Suite does have a REST API already built in. Add /api at the end of your JSS URL, like: https://jss-company.com:8443/api to see examples of what's there and the resource URLs to access them.

I'm not familiar with Cherwell, so I have no idea if what's available will work for what you're trying to do, but since many other folks pull data from the API on their Casper Suite servers, I'm guessing you should be able to use it.

dave
New Contributor II

Thank you so much! I think we should be able to make this work.

Aziz
Valued Contributor

Hi Dave,

What kind of things can Cherwell see?

dave
New Contributor II

Cherwell doesn't do a discovery or anything, it just displays what we feed it in the cmdb. We're going to be picking up info from sccm and casper along the lines of host name, serial #, mac address, computer make/model, last logged on user, encryption type, etc and displaying that in the record for the computer object. These are all tied to a in-house equipment number which, when entered, will show the Help Desk and other users of Cherwell the imported information about the computer.