Socket Filter Disable Script / Runs ok in the local terminal, fails via Jamf Scripts.

marcdxn
New Contributor II

Hi Chaps,

I have a need to disable the Defender AV socket filter.

'mdapt system-extension network-filter disable'

The above works fine when i run locally albeit with a Sudo command.

Jamf scripts is unable to run this, Is anyone doing anything similar or have any thoughts on this.
I've tried to invoke a currently logged in user prior to running the command without any success

Thanks,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cenforce
New Contributor III

Hello! It's worth noting that Jamf scripts often run with specific permissions, and your attempt to invoke a currently logged-in user prior to the command hasn't yielded success. To troubleshoot, consider ensuring that the Jamf script has the necessary privileges and permissions to execute the 'mdapt system-extension network-filter disable' command. You might also explore running the script with elevated permissions or checking for any specific error messages that could provide insights into the issue.

jamf man

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

cenforce
New Contributor III

Hello! It's worth noting that Jamf scripts often run with specific permissions, and your attempt to invoke a currently logged-in user prior to the command hasn't yielded success. To troubleshoot, consider ensuring that the Jamf script has the necessary privileges and permissions to execute the 'mdapt system-extension network-filter disable' command. You might also explore running the script with elevated permissions or checking for any specific error messages that could provide insights into the issue.

jamf man