Software Compliance Notifications

palmeda
New Contributor

Is there a way for Jamf to monitor all computers in its inventory to scan the devices daily to identify if there is a non-compliant device in the environment? For example. I would like to validate that specific software is present on all our Mac devices such as our DLP solution, or the anti-malware solution. If it has been deleted or removed, I would like to be notified of any devices that are missing such software.

3 REPLIES 3

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

Create smart groups where you have the software listed. Check the box for group change. That way you get an email anytime a computer is added or removed from the smart group.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Use a smartrgroup

e646680d23af4fa49855f517f3f5df0f

Make sure you check the e-mail notification on membership change box.

aec7517b19f24c78916a57ccdbaa802e

Then do something similar. Criteria ->Does not have -> App name Should work whether its mac or ipad. I use this method for our Testing programs (test nav etc) to ensure the program is present. Make sure any install policy you have let's you either install also from Self Service or is reoccurring incase the first or subsequent attempts fail. Once per day is plenty.

bradsschroeder
New Contributor III

I have changed this tag from Jamf Nation to Smart Group in order to reflect the conversation at hand. If you disagree please let me know.