Software Update - disable mojave?

Captainamerica
Contributor II

Is there a Way to disable software Update in mojave. I know it is possible to disable Them in plist file, however if Admin Rights user Can just go to software Update and enable it again.

Is there a Way to fix it, so it is possible to Control updates are not just downloadet and there is no Baseline

3 REPLIES 3

zelchenko
New Contributor

As a one off for one person I locked down the permissions (manually) of the "Install OS X Mojave...app". Mind you, this was for a single user who wanted the install to stop automatically launching. Obviously, that's not a solution for multiples, but maybe the idea could be expanded with some scripting.

zelchenko
New Contributor

I, too, would like a solution to this. There are still a couple of (key) things that don't work in our environment past 10.13.6.

Captainamerica
Contributor II

I think in general if IT needs to control and test updates on mac´s, before users just can download them, Auto update features needs to be disabled. Some companies maybe just download everything available and hope they are valid and working, but at least companies I have worked with need to be able to verify updates before they are just applied. So a way to stop this "software update" machanism I am looking for