Software Update Server not fully updating itself.

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm running Apple SUS concurrently on my JSS box.

I just noticed today that iTunes 10.5 is available from Apple's SUS and it isn't available in our internal SUS. However it seems that the internal SUS is downloading and dishing out System Updates, Firmwares, Securities, etc.
At first I thought it the "App Store Domination Paradigm" but I spun up a Mac that dialed home to Apple and sure enough, iTunes 10.5 is available. I'm wondering what other updates I am missing out on.

It's 10.6.8 Server but there are 2 OS updates (10.6.8 Supplemental Update & Security 2011-006) that I have not installed on this JSS/SUS server cause I hate goofing around with Tomcat every time I update this thing.
Maybe it is related to this? Not sure.
I will update my JSS/SUS box tomorrow (running a full Recycle Backup now) and see if that alleviates it and will follow up as well.

But in case that isn't it, has anyone see this?

Thanks in advance as always!

--
Pat Camporeale
"You don't need to be a mechanic to drive a car."
![external image link](attachments/96599621831144349412f96091f185bd)
Herengracht 258
1016BV Amsterdam

4 REPLIES 4

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Update your server first with Software Update, then update your packages in SUS.

-Tom

![external image link](attachments/4f18e9f14719424eb02a577af86381dc)

bbergstein
New Contributor III

Find an older version of iTunes in the update list, and hit "Choose Version". This was how I got it to show up on mine.

--benji

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Wow.. Cool … thanks!!

That solved the iTunes 10.5 issue… but, Cheeses, I just lost faith in this as to how many updates am I missing out on.
I ran through the whole and found a plethora of them.

I will keep an eye on this bugger.
:

Thanks all,

--
Pat Camporeale
"You don't need to be a mechanic to drive a car."
![external image link](attachments/72388e2687aa475fa5b756370c87f672)
Herengracht 258
1016BV Amsterdam

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Will ticking "remove outdated updates" just enable the most recent?

Sent from my iPhone