Sophos 9.2.8 to 9.4.x

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

I have a lot of users that have HomeBrew installed on their machines for Dev work. There is a known issue with Sophos that changes permissions on /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/share to root:wheel. Homebrew requires the folders to be owned by the main user. Sophos says they put a fix in version 9.4.1. We are running Sophos SEC 5.2.2. I'm wondering if I need to updates SEC in order for my clients to be updating to 9.4.x. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with getting Sophos upto 9.4.x?

2 REPLIES 2

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

From my understanding Sophos rolls out updates to the app over a few days to all SEC bootstrap locations. Once your server has the updated installer the clients should auto-update to the newest version. At least that's my impression. When I get back in the office I'll see what version is in our SEC and report back.

sean
Valued Contributor

9.4.1 is release for home version, however, in SEC this version is only a preview version and 9.2.8 is still recommended.

If you wish to test 9.4.1, create a test machine that uses a different subscription and set the subscription to Preview instead of '9 Recommended'. Preview will provide the latest and greatest for testing.

Sophos Releases

Their calendar suggests 9.4.2 will become the preview this month and then released as recommended in February.