Spaces in App Names for Login Items

sujal1208
New Contributor III

I know this is a common topic but I feel like I am a weird issue that may help someone in the future that I was wondering someone can help.

I created a Configuration Profile to have an Application to start up every time the computer starts up.

I did the following
Configuration Profile
-> Login Items
-> Items
-> Path to Application

Now the app that I want to open is called Optisigns Digital Signage (Has total of 3 spaces).

Problem I am having is: if I tried /Applications/Opsigins\ Digital\ Signage.app, or "Applications/Optisigns Digital Signage.app", the login item menu in User and group does not recognize the app name. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 2.15.57 PM.png

Now I can manually do the adding from the computer itself but I would like to figure this out via JAMF so I can save my time lol. Anyone have any ideas. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lhays2
New Contributor III

It looks like the syntax is smart enough to account for the spaces, but requires '.app/' at the end of the item. I tested the following 3 items in a configuration profile and they all showed up In the login items and launched correctly.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 7.37.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 7.37.19 PM.png

Hopefully that works for you as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lhays2
New Contributor III

It looks like the syntax is smart enough to account for the spaces, but requires '.app/' at the end of the item. I tested the following 3 items in a configuration profile and they all showed up In the login items and launched correctly.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 7.37.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 7.37.19 PM.png

Hopefully that works for you as well.

sujal1208
New Contributor III

Spend two days on figuring out why " or \ wasn't working. Thanks man.

Making the path

/Applications/OptiSigns Digital Signage.app/

Worked!