split auto-update alerts from critical alerts

georgeav-db
New Contributor

My org has setup persistent alerts for JAMF so critical alerts (such as "You are no longer enrolled in MDM") are not missed; however we have thousands of employees getting daily persistent alerts for Chrome/Slack/Grammarly/Skype/etc app having an update available. This is a huge productivity hit in aggregate and I expect all JAMF customers are hitting the same issue. 
Is there any feature to be able to separate between Critical alerts and random notifications from JAMF ? 

2 REPLIES 2

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

I'm assuming you're using App Installers for those cited applications.  You can set a custom notification frequency on those so that it prompts every couple of days instead of once per day.  More info on that can be found in the documentation.

georgeav-db
New Contributor

yep. What I want by split is to be able to mark critical notifications as Alerts (that requires action to make them go away) and update notifications as auto-disappear to be least intrusive. Changing the frequency of notifications for updates would not improve that much the situation.