SSID Autojoin Issue

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

We've added an additional SSID to our base wifi/cert profile to allow developers to access a mobile testing SSID. We don't want systems to automatically join this SSID, so I set AutoJoin to <false/> instead of the usual <true/>.

Clearly I must be missing something or not understanding this setting, because systems will regularly join this SSID automatically at boot time even though it is at the bottom of the Preferred Networks list. We are using system-level EAP-TLS with AD certificates.

Has anyone found a way to configure an SSID such that it can only be joined when it's explicitly selected from the wifi dropdown?

2 REPLIES 2

jared_f
Valued Contributor

I am wondering why it isn't working via the MDM profile. We have an Apple TV on a different network and to get access you download a profile with the WiFi auto join turned off and when you want to connect, you just go to settings and click it. In our case, after, you must go and click back to the "normal" wireless. I would try making a separate profile available via Self Service.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Yeah, I just find that it's very difficult (or impossible) to properly set up a second SSID to use an AD certificate acquired by another profile. Using the security command to create the identity on the system keychain just doesn't work, it insists on creating it on the user keychain.

I have three SSIDs in one profile, and I wonder if that is part of the problem. I'll have to open a case with Apple.