Sticky Cisco filters/proxies

Knighton
New Contributor III

We recently stopped using Cisco AnyConnect on the majority of our machines.

Uninstalled the app, and unscoped the config profiles and thought that was that.

Well, a couple months later, we update our new Zero Trust platform and start having network issues.

I assume it's the Zero Trust software because we just updated it, but even after uninstalling it, some users machines were still acting up.

I remote in, and check the network settings, and see the Cisco DNS Proxy and Content Filter are still installed, even though the user's device is no longer scoped with the config profiles that provided those setups.

How do I remove these things? I thought removing the config profiles would have taken them off automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SCCM
Contributor III

Removing the config profiles should remove the settings, however i have seen in the past with other profiles if there is a network drop when a profile is being removed or if the setting is in use, it doesn't always remove the setting.

i saw a while ago someone fixed there issue by using:

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkextension.plist

But if you have other profiles installed i.e. defender or other security software, you might want to test this before trying it on a live machine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SCCM
Contributor III

Removing the config profiles should remove the settings, however i have seen in the past with other profiles if there is a network drop when a profile is being removed or if the setting is in use, it doesn't always remove the setting.

i saw a while ago someone fixed there issue by using:

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkextension.plist

But if you have other profiles installed i.e. defender or other security software, you might want to test this before trying it on a live machine.

Knighton
New Contributor III

I DO have other filters installed, but this will definitely put me on the right path. 

Thank you so much! 

DogRescueEver
New Contributor

Knighton, did this work for you. I am dealing with Zscaler and left over Cisco Anyconnect items, thinking this is my issue on the mac connecting and disconnecting.