Stop Installomator Application Install

tyler_petro
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I created a policy to install Google Chrome using the Installomator script and accidentally scoped it to all computers instead of just newly enrolled devices. Some of my staff report Chrome installing fine and no other issues. Others are saying they get the prompt that Chrome is installing, it closes Chrome, and then says it updated... 30 minutes later, they get the prompt again and it closes Chrome, etc.

Is there a way to kill the process so it stops trying to install Chrome?

Let me know if you need any information from the script I am using or the policy I created, etc.

tyler_petro_0-1690318494826.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

whiteb
Contributor II

Based on the wording of the notification, that actually looks like a Patch Management Patch Policy, not Installomator.

Is that something you use? If so, you may have selected the 'Patch Unknown Versions' option which can cause issues. You could have a new version of Chrome come out before Jamf's Patch Definitions have been updated, so Jamf see's the brand-new Chrome version as 'Unknown' and tries to keep patching it, putting it in a loop.

I use Patch Management for the Definitions, and then Installomator for actually doing the patching.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

whiteb
Contributor II

Based on the wording of the notification, that actually looks like a Patch Management Patch Policy, not Installomator.

Is that something you use? If so, you may have selected the 'Patch Unknown Versions' option which can cause issues. You could have a new version of Chrome come out before Jamf's Patch Definitions have been updated, so Jamf see's the brand-new Chrome version as 'Unknown' and tries to keep patching it, putting it in a loop.

I use Patch Management for the Definitions, and then Installomator for actually doing the patching.

tyler_petro
New Contributor III

I think you may be right as I do use Patch Management. I was looking into that as well because I needed to stop these annoying pop-ups ASAP. It just so happened that these popped-up around the time I implemented Installomator, so I looked to that first. I will ensure I am not patching unknown versions in the future. I had turned on the Chrome patch management awhile ago (when it was running 99.XXX and it is up to 115 now.)