Strange Keychain Issue

whiteb
Contributor II

We have multiple shared labs with the same setup. M1 iMacs, Big Sur, using NoMAD for AD authentication + making local accounts. Generally this all works great.

Recently, one of these labs seems to have developed an issue where, when a student logs into a computer they have logged into before, they get the message 'Keychain Not Found - A keychain cannot be found to store "username@ad.domain.name"'

It even happens when trying to login with our local admin account (not an AD account, but still shows @ad.domain.name):

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 10.58.48 AM.png

If a student is logging into the computer for the first time, it's fine. 

It doesn't even seem to be the whole lab either, just a few computers. But this isn't happening anywhere else.

Can even be as inconsistent as it working for a student first period, then not working for someone else the second period.

I'm told some computers, the student can login just fine, but our local admin account will throw the error in that screenshot.

I know it's not an issue with kerberos authentication or anything, kinit command pulls tickets just fine.

I unscoped our NoMAD config profile from a computer having the issues just to troubleshoot, this let me login as local admin, but once logged in, finder wasn't responding, didn't have any permissions to view folders, etc. Was in a strange state.

We tried updating one to Monterey just to see, same issue.

Many other labs with identical setups, this is the only one seeing this issue, and even then it's really inconsistent.

0 REPLIES 0